Variable Energy Cyclotron Centre,
1/AF, Bidhannagar, Kolkata -700 064,
Email : saila[at]vecc.gov.in
Ph. +91 33 23182381,
+91 33 23182317
Raja Ramanna Fellow
> Ph.D. (1989) : University of Calcutta, INDIA
> M.Sc. (1976) : University of Calcutta, INDIA
1. Evidence of quasifission in 16O + 238U reaction at sub-barrier energies : : K. Banerjee, T. K. Ghosh, S. Bhattacharya, C. Bhattacharya, S. Kundu, T. Rana, G. Mukherjee, J. K. Meena, J. Sadhukhan, S. Pal, P. Bhattacharya, K. S. Golda, P. Sugathan, R. P. Singh, Phys. Rev. C83 (2011) 024605.
2. Survival of orbiting in 20Ne (7-10 MeV/nucleon) + 12C reactions ::
C. Bhattacharya, A. Dey, S. Kundu, K. Banerjee, S. Bhattacharya, S. Mukhopadhyay, D. Gupta,T. Bhattacharjee, S. R. Banerjee, T. Rana, S. K Basu, R. Saha,S. Bhattacharjee, K. Krishan, A. Mukherjee, D. Bandopadhyay, C. Beck, Phys. Rev. C72 (2005) 021601R
3. Intermediate mass fragment yields from fusion and non-fusion processes in nucleus-nucleus collisions in Fermi energy domain : An integrated dynamical approach :: C. Bhattacharya, S.Bhattacharya and K. Krishan , Phys. Rev. C49 (1994) 3147
4. Role of two-body collisions in limiting momentum transfer and energy deposition in nucleus-nucleus collisions ::S. Bhattacharya, K. Krishan, J. N. De and S. K. Samaddar , Phys. Rev. Letts. 62 (1989) 2589
5. An on-line data acquisition system based on Norsk data ND-560 computer :: A. Bandyopadhyay, A. Roy,S.K. De,S. Bhattacharya and R. Bhowmik, Nucl. Inst. Meth A257, (1987) 309
|Awards & Fellowships||
> National Merit Scholarship, 1971 - 1976
> Homi Bhabha medal for acquiring 1st position in OCES-Physics, 1979
> Group leader – DAE group achievement award, 2012
> Neutron facility@FRENA - a case study :: delivered at the School on Low Energy Nuclear Astrophysics, November 15-19, 2010, Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics, Kolkata, India.
> Experimental nuclear physics activities at VECC - past, present and future :: delivered at the Seminar on Changing Scales in Nuclear Physics, June 14-15,2005, Variable Energy Cyclotron Centre, Kolkata, India.
> The dynamics of fission process:: delivered on September 10, 1998, at the Institut de Recherches Subatomiques (IRES), Strasbourg, France.
> Nuclear physics with superconducting cyclotron - scopes and possibilities :: DAE-BRNS International Nuclear Physics Symposium, December 8-12, 2009, Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Mumbai, India.
> Experimental facilities for K500 superconducting cyclotron at Kolkata :: Internaional Workshop on multifragmentation and related topics (IWM2007), Novenber 4-7, 2007, GANIL, Caen, France.
> Heavy fragments emission in the reaction alpha + Al at 60 MeV :: International seminar on direct nuclear reactions, Jan.uary 12-16, 1989, Bangalore Univ., Bangalore, India