|Devasish Narayan Basu|
Variable Energy Cyclotron Centre,
1/AF Bidhan Nagar, Kolkata 700 064,
Scientific Officer (H)
• PhD (1993): Calcutta University, INDIA.
(Thesis title: Study of Light Ion Breakup Reactions)
• Training School (1981): Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Trombay, Mumbai, INDIA.
• M.Sc. (1980): Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, INDIA.
> Nuclear Matter at High Density
> Nuclear Reaction Rates of Astrophysical interest
> Compact Stars
> Neutron and Photon induced Nuclear Fission
1. From nuclear reactions to compact stars: a unified approach
D. N. Basu, Partha Roy Chowdhury, Abhishek Mishra,
2. Rapidly rotating axisymmetric neutron stars with quark cores
Abhishek Mishra, Partha Roy Chowdhury, D. N. Basu,
Astroparticle Physics 36:42(2012).
3. Nuclear equation of state at high baryonic density and compact star constraints
D. N. Basu, Partha Roy Chowdhury, C. Samanta,
4. Nuclear Half-Lives for Alpha Radioactivity of Elements with 100 <= Z <= 130.
Partha Roy Chowdhury, C. Samanta, D. N. Basu,
Atom.Data Nucl.Data Tabl. 94:781(2008).
5. Role of effective interaction in nuclear disintegration processes
D. N. Basu,
|Awards & Fellowships||
> MCM Scholarship (at I.I.T. Kharagpur)
> National Scholarship (after School Leaving Exam)
> Best Poster Award (1st) (DAE symposium, BHU, Varanasi, 1982)
> Recognition as Outstanding Reviewer 2007 Phys. Lett. B
1. Title: Effective interaction and unified description of nuclear processes
Dec 14, 2006, DAE - BRNS Symposium on Nuclear Physics, Vadodara, INDIA.
2. 'Nuclear Equation of State: from Finite nuclei to Neutron stars'
August 24-26, 2011, 'Nuclear Physics Using Ion Beams from Cyclotrons at VECC', VECC, Kolkata