Experimental Nuclear Physics Section
Variable Energy Cyclotron Centre
1/AF Bidhan Nagar, Kolkata -700 064
Ph: +91-33-2318 2404/2108
Fax : +91-33-2334 6871
• PhD (2014): University Of Calcutta, India
(Thesis title: The study of temperature and angular momentum dependence of giant dipole resonance width in hot nuclear systems)
• M. Sc. (Physics) : 2000 (Burdwan University)
• B. Sc. (Physics) : 1998 (Burdwan University)
• Giant Dipole Resonance (GDR) built on excited states of atomic nuclei
• Instrumentation and detector development
- Evolution of giant dipole resonance width at low temperatures-- New perspectives, S. Mukhopadhyay, Pramana J. Phys. 82 (2014) 779
- Measurement of giant dipole resonance width at low temperature: A new experimental perspective, S. Mukhopadhyay, Deepak Pandit, Surajit Pal, Srijit Bhattacharya, A. De, S. Bhattacharya, C. Bhattacharya, K. Banerjee, S. Kundu, T.K. Rana, G. Mukherjee, R. Pandey, M. Gohil, H. Pai, J.K. Meena, S.R. Banerjee, Phys. Lett. B. 709 (2012) 9.
- Critical behavior in the variation of GDR width at low temperature, Deepak Pandit, S. Mukhopadhyay, Surajit Pal, A. De and S. R. Banerjee, Phys. Lett. B 713 (2012) 434
- Extreme nuclear shapes examined via giant dipole resonance lineshapes in hot light-mass systems, Deepak Pandit, S. Mukhopadhyay, Srijit Bhattacharya, Surajit Pal, A. De, S. Bhattacharya, C. Bhattacharya, K. Banerjee, S. Kundu, T. K. Rana, A. Dey, G. Mukherjee, T. Ghosh, D. Gupta, and S. R. Banerjee, Phys. Rev. C 81 (2010) 061302(R)
- LAMBDA: Large Area Modular BaF2 Detector Array for the measurement of high energy gamma rays, S. Mukhopadhyay, Srijit Bhattacharya, Deepak Pandit, A. Ray, Surajit Pal, K. Banerjee, S. Kundu, T. K. Rana, S. Bhattacharya, C. Bhattacharya, A. De, S. R. Banerjee, Nucl. Inst. & Meth. A 582 (2007) 603
|Awards & Fellowships
· DAE Group Achievement Award (2009)
· Posters Award (1st) ( DAE-BRNS Symposium on Nuclear Physics, IIT Roorkee, 2008)
· Posters Award (3rd) ( DAE-BRNS Symposium on Nuclear Physics, Benaras, 2004)
- “Nuclear Collective excitations at high temperature & angular momentum”, Awareness Workshop on Research Opportunities using the Facilities at VECC, Sri Satya Sai Institute of Higher Learning, India, 2013.
- “Evolution of GDR width at low Temperatures - New perspectives”, National Conference on Nuclear Physics-2013, Sambalpur University, Sambalpur, India, 2013.
- “Scintillator array facility at VECC” , National Workshop on Nuclear Physics Using Ion Beams From Cyclotrons at VECC, India, 2011.
- “Facility for the measurement of high-energy photons at VECC”, Theme Meeting on Nucleus - Nucleus Collisions Around Fermi Energy, VECC, India, 2010.
- “Future perspectives of hot Giant Dipole Resonance studies at VECC”, DAE-BRNS National Seminar on New Era in Nuclear and Particle Physics, Burdwan University, India, 2009.
- “Facility for the Measurement of High-energy Photons – Present & Future”, Cyclotrons: Rising Expectations and Mounting Challenges, VECC, India, 2009.
- “The high energy gamma ray spectrometer at VECC”, at DAE-BRNS Symposium on Nuclear Physics, Sambalpur University, India, 2007.
- "The Large BaF2 Detector Array at VECC for the measurement of high energy gamma rays"-- at Physics Group Seminar, VECC, India, 2003