|Ajay Kumar Himanshu|
Advanced Materials Laboratory,
Variable Energy Cyclotron Centre,
1/AF, Bidhannagar, Kolkata-700064, India.
Phone: +91 33 23182408/4416/4562 (office)
Mobile : +91 9883239177
FAX: +91 33 23346871
Scientific Officer (D)
|Earlier positions held||
• Research Scholar, Jiwaji University, Gwalior, 2004-2006
• Ph.D in Physics (2010): Jiwaji University, Gwalior, India
(Thesis Title: Preparation and characterization of A(B΄B˝)O3 type Relaxor Materials).
• M.Phil. in Physics (2004): Jiwaji University, Gwalior, India (Thesis Title: Characterization of PANI-PVP Conducting Polymer prepared in stable aqueous medium)
• M.Sc. in Physics (1999); Specializations in Electronics : Lalit Nayaran Mithila University, Darbhangha.
▪ Multiferroic Perovskites & Functional Materials with Ferroelectricity & Ferromagnetism
▪ Ferroelectric and dielectric properties of complex A(B΄B˝)O3 oxides and double perovskite oxides using Impedance spectroscopy.
▪ Electronic band structure, and optical and magnetic properties of Perovskite oxides using density functional theory.
▪ Characterization of multiferroic and semiconducting nanoparticles synthesized by chemical route.
▪ Transport property of conducting polymer.
1. K. Brajesh, A. K. Himanshu, K Kumari, R. Ranjan, S. K. Bandyopadhayay, T. P. Sinha, “Structural, dielectric relaxarion and Piezoelectric characterization of Sr2+ substituted modified PMS-PZT ceramic”, Physica B 407 (2012) 635-641.
2. M. Ganguly, S. Parida, E.Sinha, S.K. Rout, A. K. Himanshu, A Hussain, I. M. Kim, “ Structural, dielectric and electrical Properties of BaFe0.5Nb0.5O3 ceramic prepared by solid state reacation technique”, Material Chemistry and Physics 131 (2011 ) 535-539 [132 (2012) 1125].
3. A. Hassen, T. Hanfy, S. El-Sayed and A. K. Himanshu, “Dielectric relaxation and Alternating current conductivity of polyvinyllidene fluoride doped with lanthanum chloride”, Journal of Applied Physics 110, 114119 (2011), 1-7.
4. A K Himanshu et al., “Electrical Studies of Low Energy Ar9+ irradiated conducting polymer PANI-PVA”, Radiation Physics & Chemistry 80 4114-419 (2011).
5. A. K. Himanshu, B. K. Choudhary, D. C. Gupta, S. K. Bandyopadhayay and T. P. Sinha “ Synthesis and dielectric relaxation studies of Ba substitution in Pb(Zn1/3Nb2/3)O3 ceramics by co-precipitation method, Solid State Sciences 12 1231-1234 (2010).
|Awards & Fellowships||
Gold Medal in M.Sc (Physics ), Lalit Narayan Mithila University, Darbhangha, Bihar (1999).
1. “Low temperature dielectric response of Pb0.85Ba0.15 (Zn1/3Nb2/3)O3” Oral paper presentation in National symposium on Condensed Matter Days, August (2006).
2. “Structural thermal and Dielectric Spectroscopy of PZN-BT-PT”, oral paper at presentation in 15th Ferroelectric & Dielectrics, Nov (2008), Thapur University, Patiala.