Variable Energy Cyclotron Centre
Kolkata 700 064, India.
Phone: +91 33 23184460
Fax. No: +91 33 23346871
Scientific Officer (H+),
Head, Radiation Damage Studies Section & Material Science Studies Division
|Earlier positions held||
• Scientific Officer, Nuclear FueL Complex, 1989-1994
• B.E (Metallurgical Engineering)
• PhD (2004) : Jadavpur University, Kolkata, INDIA
(Thesis title: Study of Microstructural Imperfections Using X-Ray Diffraction Line Profile Analysis on Deformed and Irradiated Zirconium Base Alloys)
• Radiation Damage using ion beams on metals and alloys
• X-ray Diffraction techniques for characterisation of defects, Microstructual analysis
1. Effect of heavy ion irradiation on microstructure of zirconium alloy characterized by X-ray diffraction, A. Sarkar, P. Mukherjee and P. Barat, Journal of Nuclear Materials 372 285-292 (2008).
2. Characterization of irradiated microstructure by X-ray diffraction line profile analysis, A. Sarkar, P. Mukherjee and P. Barat, Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A 39 1602-1609 (2008).
3. Post-irradiated Microstructural Characterisation of Cold-worked SS 316L by X-ray Diffraction Technique, P. Mukherjee, A. Sarkar, M. Bhattacharya, N. Gayathri, P. Barat, Journal of Nuclear Materials 395 37-44 (2009).
4. In situ Studies of Evolution of Microstructure with Temperature in Heavily Deformed Ti-modified Austenitic Stainless Steel by X-ray Diffraction Technique, P.S.Chowdhury, N. Gayathri, P. Mukherjee, M. Bhattacharya, A. Chatterjee, A. Dutta, P. Barat, Materials Science & Engineering A 528 967-972(2011).
5. Book Publication : Microstructural Characterisation of Structural Materials of Pressurized Heavy Water Reactor, P. Mukherjee, P. Barat, A. Sarkar, M. Bhattacharya, N. gayathri, Chapter for “Nuclear Materials” to be published by Nova Science Publishers (2011).