Raja Ramanna Research Scholars' Wing
(Room No: 106)
VECC, 1/AF Bidhannagar
Kolkata 700 064
Phone: +91 33 23184165
Fax: + 91 33 23346871
Scientific Officer (F)
|Earlier positions held||
Scientific Officer, Bhabha Atomic Research Centre,1992-1993
PhD (2005) : University of Jadavpur, INDIA
(Thesis title: Change In Decay Rate Of 7Be In Different Environments And Its Implications On The Solar Neutrino Problem)
M.Tech. (1990) : Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi, INDIA
M. Sc. (1989): Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, INDIA
B.Sc. (1987): Miranda House, Delhi University, INDIA
• Development and Experimental measurements using Cryogenic Penning Ion Trap
• Study of nuclear decay rate change due to environmental effect
• High precision measurement of electron capture decay rate under compression
• Study of electronic environments in solids using Perturbed Angular Co-relation technique
1. Observation of large change of 7Be decay rate in Au and Al2O3 and its implications, A. Ray, P. Das, S. K. Saha, S. K. Das, B. Sethi, A. Mookerjee, C. Basu Chaudhuri, G. Pari, Phys. Lett. B 455, 69 (1999).
2. Terrestrial 7Be decay rate and 8B solar neutrino flux, P. Das and A. Ray, Phys. Rev. C 71, 025801 (2005).
3. Observation of enhanced orbital electron-capture nuclear decay rate in a compact medium, A. Ray, P.Das, S. K. Saha, A. Goswami, A.De, Phys. Lett. B. 679 (2009) 106.
1. Change in decay rate of 7Be in different environments, its implication and possible application
April, 2006, GSI, Darmstadt, GERMANY
1. Change In Decay Rate Of 7Be In Different Environments And Its Implications On The Solar Neutrino Problem
DAE-BRNS Symposium on Nuclear Physics (2004).
2. Traps in Nuclear Physics
Expanding horizon of Nuclear Physics, at Mumbai, India ( 2009.)
3. Development of VECC Cryogenic Penning Ion Trap and some planned experiments
DAE-BRNS Symposium on Atomic, Molecular and Optical Physics